The Big Think
Check out our exciting programme THE BIG THINK for ages 5 to 11: the-big-think.org.
The 120 Assembly and Lesson kits, packed with stories, activities and songs, instigate discussion and debate helping children work out solutions to challenges and then apply the fresh ideas in their daily lives. Read about HOW THE BIG THINK SUPPORTS SCHOOL PERFORMANCE and HOW THE BIG THINK IMPROVES CHILDREN'S ATTAINMENT.
This dialogic, real-life learning programme is ideal for busy teachers seeking high quality content for SMSC, PSHE and Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE) schemes of work. Read more here and Why The Big Think is so appealing and its 10 Steps to High Quality Relationships Education.
See The Essence of The Big Think and how it is exciting action-learning for ages 5 to 11 that provides a route map and stepping stones enabling children to flourish.
See here how the breadth of lesson topics develop key Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) skills - now considered such an important part of children's education, especially following the Covid-19 crisis. The lesson values explored align with the statutory RSHE curriculum, providing real-life learning that gradually equips and empowers children with skills, knowledge, values, confidence and resilience to make the most of their potential from the outset of their formal schooling. Here is how this 2-year rolling programme can be implemented: The Big Think implementation - Values, SEL & RSE.
The Big Think Circles of CARE promote cohesion. Particularly after experiences during the COVID-19 lockdowns, this FREE mini programme with a focus on Community, Appreciation, Resilience and Empathy gets social and emotional skills and RELATIONSHIPS EDUCATION off to an excellent start.
And WATCH THIS SPACE with news about our latest programme THE BIG 3 + ME enabling children to THRIVE at 3, FLOURISH at 4 and FLY at 5.
Enjoy our BIG newsletters
* TBT Volume 30 Nov 2023 - Piloting The Big 3 + ME Early Years life skills programme
* TBT Volume 29 Oct 2023 - Nurturing self-regulation skills in the Early Years
* TBT Volume 28 May 2023 - Building a sense of belonging & improving life chances
* TBT Volume 27 Dec 2022 - A special Christmas song & resources for a healthy school climate
* TBT Volume 26 Nov 2022 - Anti-Bullying Week - The Big Think resources help to prevent bullying
* TBT Volume 25 Nov 2022 - THE BIG 5 kits & workshops to enhance the school climate
* TBT Volume 24 Oct 2022 - FREE resource THE BIG 5 - boosting 'inside weather' & school climate
* TBT Volume 23 Sep 2022 - A Peaceful Return to School
* TBT Volume 22 Jun 2022 - Celebrating difference
* TBT Volume 21 Jun 2022 - Openness in #Refugee Week 20-26 June
* TBT Volume 20 May 2022 - Making PSHE a priority for September
* TBT Volume 19 Mar 2022 - Placing relationships at the heart of school life
* TBT Volume 18 Jan 2022 - Learning how to manage emotional experiences
* TBT Volume 17 Nov 2021 - Enjoy a culture of kindness and wellbeing
* TBT Volume 16 Oct 2021 - Engaging the whole school community
* TBT Volume 15 Aug 2021 - Creating calm & inclusive, safe spaces
* TBT Volume 14 Jun 2021 - Coming back together as a whole-school community
* TBT Volume 13 Apr 2021 - Values & SEL skills deepen PSHE & RSHE learning
* TBT Volume 12 Mar 2021 - Bouncing back to school with 32 new TBT lesson kits
* TBT Volume 11 Jan 2021 - Our mini 'Connecting Classrooms' programme
* TBT Volume 10 Dec 2020 - Our Compassion at Christmas initiative
* TBT Volume 9 Oct 2020 - Joining in World Values Day celebrations
* TBT Volume 8 Sep 2020 - TBT nurtures Social and Emotional Learning (SEL)
* TBT Volume 7 Aug 2020 - #Back2Schools with TBT Circles of CARE
* TBT Volume 6 May 2020 - Circles of CARE helping schools recover
* TBT Volume 5 Feb 2020 - TBT promotes good mental health & physical wellbeing
* TBT Volume 4 Nov 2019 - 88 lesson kits nurturing skills for life
* TBT Volume 3 Sep 2019 - Positive relationships are at the heart of The Big Think
* TBT Volume 2 Jun 2019 - We've launched The Big Think!
* TBT Volume 1 Oct 2018 - The Big Think: our new & exciting programme